Articles Posted in Say What?

Squeezed on:

emergency phone 911

People do the darndest things when they’re plastered. Example number 12,434, 523 comes to you from The Northwest Florida Daily News:

The call [from 55-year-old Fort Walton Beach man] came in to Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office E911 system at 12:19 a.m. on June 24, according to the arrest report. He said “Send coroner, I just killed myself.”

Fort Walton Beach Police officers were dispatched to his home, because it was in the city, the report said. They found that he didn’t not have an emergency and “was only highly intoxicated.”

He refused to cooperate with officer, who determined that his phone had been the one used to call 911, according to the report.

He is charged with misuse of 911.

On a positive note, at least he wasn’t driving! Here’s the source.

Squeezed on:

jail cell person man in

Yes, incredibly, this is a real story. As reported by

Three Bloomfield Hills kids who refused an order by a judge to go to lunch with their father have been ordered to a juvenile detention facility.

“I felt like I was watching them be executed,” said Maya Tsimhoni.

The Tsimhoni family was in Oakland County’s family court for a hearing on supervised parenting time when Judge Lisa Gorcyca took matters into her own hands.

Read the court transcript as the judge as she sent the three kids to Children’s Village

June 24 court transcripts showed how upset the judge was. She ordered the Tsimhoni kids ages 14,10 and 9 to have a “healthy relationship” with their father.

She criticized them for avoiding him and even compared them to Charles Manson and his cult. Gorcyca then ordered the children to apologize and have a nice lunch with their dad.

When they refused, Gorcyca held them in contempt and had each child hauled off to Children’s Village’s juvenile hall – until they are 18 years old.

It’s been two weeks, and they’re still there. You can read a lot more here.

Squeezed on:

gavel judge court order in the

If you thought you could find an expert on anything, you would be wrong.  As reported by

A Turkish judge has taken full responsibility in a pornography case while acquitting the investigation’s suspects after the court failed to find an “expert on artificial vaginas.”

You’re probably wondering why the judge would need such an expert, aren’t you?

Daily Hürriyet learned that the 26-year-old suspect, a businessman identified as Emre Ş, started to import realistic vaginas and other sex toys into Turkey two years ago. The second suspect, 29-year-old Kadir P., published the photographs of the products on his website for marketing purposes.

The Telecommunications Directorate (TİB), however, took action against the men.

Yes, action had to be taken.  If not, who knows. Those things could end up taking over … their owners’ …

The TİB, which was granted the authority to monitor Internet users and block websites and their content without court permission last year, filed criminal complaints against both men. After the investigation, the prosecutor asked the court to sentence both men to between six months and three years in jail, beside a hefty fine, claiming that they committed the crime of “publicizing obscene graphics, texts or remarks.”

That’s not nothing. But …

The Criminal Court of First Instance at the Anadolu Courthouse in Istanbul acquitted both suspects on July 1.

According to the ruling seen by daily Hürriyet, the judge stressed that he evaluated the artificial vagina “with his own general knowledge” because the court failed to find an expert whose specialty covers the domain.

As such, the judge added, Turkey’s criminal law does not specify which products should be considered obscene, which led him to issue the ruling that acquitted the suspects, who had imported the sex toys legally and advertised them with a parental advisory on their marketing website.

Phew. Back to business. Speaking of business …

More than 81,000 websites, most of them pornographic, are currently blocked in Turkey. According to the monitoring website Engelli Web, 93.6 percent of these websites were blocked by the TİB without a court order.

No court order? Sounds a little extra-judicial. Here’s the source.

Squeezed on:

shopping cart

Admittedly there aren’t a lot of plausible explanations for shoplifting. Nevertheless, this one is a real doozy.  As reported by The Times and Democrat (Orangeburg, South Carolina):

An Orangeburg woman was charged with shoplifting at the Walmart on North Road.

Walmart Loss Prevention personnel said the woman attempted to take $487 in groceries and merchandise Tuesday.

A deputy spoke with the woman, who said she attempted to leave the store with the items because she was under the impression that the man who was with her earlier paid for the goods, according to a police incident report.

How is that even possible with groceries? Did “the man” bag them too?


Squeezed on:


Money in the form of many large bills

You never know when you might need some cash. Some folks deal only in cash. (The Juice can think of a few …)  But this much?  As reported in The Brooklyn Paper’s Police Blotter (68th Precinct – Bay Ridge/Dyker Heights):

A crook hit the jackpot when he lifted $18,600 from an Eighth Avenue apartment between May 26 and June 3.

The resident was out of town for the span, and when he returned to his house between 67th and 68th streets in Dyker Heights, he found that someone had broken into his apartment and taken the cash and an iPhone 6 from his bedroom dresser, police said.

Who keeps $18,600 cash in a bedroom dresser drawer, other than this gent? Anyone else think the perp knows the victim? The Juice isn’t buying the random “jackpot” theory.

Squeezed on:

cell phone

Regular readers know that The Juice scours the globe to find stories. This one comes to you from Guyana, via the Guyana Chronicle:

A South Ruimveldt man was on Tuesday placed on $12,000 bail by Chief Magistrate Priya Sewarnine-Beharry for damaging his girlfriend’s sister’s phone. Erick Forde, of Lot 25 Shopping Plaza, South Ruimveldt Gardens, pleaded not guilty to the charge that alleged that on 18 February at Lot 186 Thomas Street, Kitty, he unlawfully and maliciously damaged a Samsung cellular phone valued $152,000, property of Tracy Miller.

According to Police Prosecutor Bharat Mangru, Forde was dating Miller’s sister and on the day in question, there was an argument over a text message that came through Miller’s phone when the defendant became annoyed and broke the phone.

Bail was granted after no objection was raised by the prosecutor. The matter was transferred to Magistrate Annette Singh for Tuesday, June 16,2015.

Okay, so $12,000 Guyana dollars is $58 US. Still, bail? Is he going to flee the country?  You’ll find the source here.


Squeezed on:

smart phone smartphone

You may think that this could not happen in the United States. You would almost certainly be right. (The “insulting words” were not disclosed.) It happened in the United Arab Emirates. As reported by

The Federal Supreme Court has ordered a retrial for a man convicted of swearing at a colleague in a WhatsApp message, after prosecutors said the fine handed out was far too lenient. The Arab was fined Dhs3,000 by a court of first instance but prosecutors appealed the verdict, saying he should face a fine of up to Dhs250,000 or imprisonment.

The UAE’s most senior court backed prosecutors in a judgment issued this week.

Court documents showed that the man, whose nationality was not stated, was prosecuted after his colleague complained to police that he swore in a message and also threatened to harm him.

The victim had presented his mobile phone to prosecutors showing that the defendant had sent “insulting” words to him. The documents did not state what exactly had been said.

Prosecutors charged him under recently introduced cyber crime laws. “The message from the defendant, which contained insulting words, was found in the victim’s mobile phone”, said prosecutors. The defendant had denied the charges.

Both the first instance and appeal courts found the man guilty of committing a cyber crime and ordered him to pay Dhs3,000. He was cleared of threatening to harm his colleague.

As 7DAYS reported last month, police and lawyers warned that sending a middle finger emoji sign – such as the one featured in Microsoft’s new mobile operating system – could land the user in court under the same laws.

A date for the new trial is yet to be confirmed.

Yikes. Might cause some folks to move the UAE down on their “countries to visit” list. Here’s the source.

Squeezed on:

heaven stairway

Forget about the other circumstances surrounding this man’s detention. It must have been obvious to the officers that something was amiss when the man said he was told to leave heaven. As reported by The Times and Democrat (Orangeburg, South Carolina):

A 53-year-old Cordova man was taken into custody and transported to the Regional Medical Center just before 3 a.m. Thursday after he was seen running completely naked down Cannon Bridge Road.

The man told a deputy that he had gone to heaven and was hearing people tell him to go back.

He also stated that he’d disobeyed his mother and would not do it again, that he’d jumped a fence and just started running.

The man remained calm throughout the incident. No charges were filed.

It would appear that the gent caught a break from Johnny Law.

Squeezed on:


If you want to be master of your domain, do NOT live in a neighborhood governed by a homeowners association. If you choose to do so, just remember that things like this could happen to you.  As reported by (Nashville, Tennessee):

A Brentwood homeowners association is threatening to sue a family if they don’t take down a wheelchair ramp in the next week.

After Michael Broadnax suffered a stroke late last summer, his wife became the head of the household.

Charlotte Broadnax retrofitted her house with a small ramp so her husband could come home for rehabilitation. Now, the homeowners association for the Woodlands of Copperstone is threatening to sue …

She received a letter in the mail dated June 1 from Alvin Harris, an attorney representing the homeowners association.

“The association demands that within 14 days of the date of this letter, you remove the wheelchair ramp and restore the exterior of your home,” Charlotte Broadnax said, reading from the letter.

The letter went on to list the consequences the homeowner would face if she didn’t meet the demands.

” [The Declaration] authorizes the association to come onto your property and remove the ramp and charge you with the work,” Charlotte Broadnax read.

The letter then reads, “If you force the association to sue you, it will seek a court order” and charge the Broadnax’s for attorney’s fees.

And just so you know how heartless the HOA is …

Michael Broadnax, a well-known pastor, is currently in the hospital recovering from another brain surgery.

“Within 14 days I have to try to get that ramp down? Within 14 days bring him home?” Charlotte Broadnax said. “When he comes home from the hospital, how am I going to get him in the house?”

The family found out a few days before Thanksgiving that Michael Broadnax could have therapy at his home.

“The nursing home said they were sending my husband home and I needed a ramp put up,” Charlotte Broadnax said. She says she promptly hired a legal contractor and had the ramp installed before the nursing home inspection. “I didn’t do this to deface my home,” she said. “My priority was taking care of my husband.”

What does the HOA have to say now?

“The board did not know the ramp was for the homeowner, Mr. Broadnax. The association would like to work with the owners on a compromise regarding the appearance and location of the ramp and compliance with any applicable codes.”

How about knocking on their door before sending the letter? You’re all “neighbors,” or at least you live close to each other, because this sure isn’t neighborly behavior. You’ll find the source,  and a video news story, here.


Squeezed on:

school black blackboard board

It’s just this simple: if you screw up in school, your parents will find out eventually. These boys thought they could avoid that fate. As reported by The New York Post:

Police in Serbia have arrested two schoolboys they accuse of having stormed a Belgrade classroom masked and armed with a plastic pistol and making off with their teacher’s grade book.

Police said in a statement on Wednesday they had apprehended two unidentified seventh-grade pupils and seized a replica handgun, a knife, a balaclava cap and pair of sunglasses after the incident on Tuesday during school hours in the Belgrade suburb of Kotez.

School crime and violence have soared in Serbia since the war years of the 1990s when societies across old socialist Yugoslavia frayed under the pressure of gangsterism, corruption and nationalism.

Authorities in Serbia have responded by installing video surveillance and deploying constables at some schools.

“It appears that a third boy agreed with two friends that they would grab the grade book because of his poor grades,” a police officer, who asked not to be named, told Reuters.

The pair were charged with violent behavior, jeopardizing public safety and destruction and damage of property, police said.

Here’s the source.