Squeezed on:


A Costa Mesa, California woman, who was herself going through a rough patch, allowed a woman to sleep in her car. Upon returning to the car, she reports that the sleeping woman had died. So what did she do? Nothing! Here’s what happened, and how the police just discovered the body, as reported by The Orange County Register:

Investigators said the driver of the car had befriended the woman at Mile Square Regional Park and allowed her to sleep in the car overnight in December. That was the last time she saw Signe [a transient woman from the Fountain Valley area] alive, Everett said.

After finding the body inside the four-door vehicle, the woman [who said she was a 57-year-old former real estate agent who at one time lived in a home in Corona del Mar] told investigators she was afraid to report the body to police, and instead decided to continue using the vehicle while the body sat covered in clothes on the passenger’s side.

How was the body discovered?

It wasn’t until Monday that the body was found by police, after receiving a call of a car partially blocking a driveway at the 2000 block of Tustin Avenue.

Officers were able to smell a foul odor coming from the car, and after seeing a leg underneath a pile of clothing on the seat, broke a window to get access inside.

Inside the car, officers also found a box of baking soda that the driver used to try to dissipate the smell.

Could the good samaritan be charged? Maybe.

An autopsy has revealed no obvious signs of foul play, but the cause of death is still unknown, he said. Officers are also looking at whether there were any health code violations due to the fact that the driver was transporting a corpse, he said. The driver has not been cited or arrested.

Click here to read the full story, which includes photos and a video.

Posted in: Best Of
Squeezed on:
Squeezed on:


It is refreshing when someone steps up and admits that they did something bad. Of course, it could just mean that they knew they were going to get nailed anyway. In any event, it doesn’t erase what happened.  This doctor did step up and admit to some serious charges. Now, if only the disciplinary board would do SOMETHING! As reported by myfoxtampabay.com:

Dr. Tulsibhai Pipalia admits he did something stupid inside his office back in the summer of 2010. He propositioned a patient for oral sex and then exposed himself.

Stupid? No, it’s way, way beyond stupid. More like criminal.

The patient went to police and the Tampa doctor was charged with exposure of a sexual organ. The charge was dismissed when Dr. Pipalia completed a pre-trial diversion program for first time offenders.

So what about some disciplinary action to try to make sure this never happens again?

Although the criminal charge was behind him, the Florida Department of Health launched its own investigation a short time later. The Administrative Complaint charged the doctor, who specializes in Internal medicine, with several counts of engaging in sexual misconduct with a patient.

But nearly four years later, the doctor still has not been disciplined by the state. Several settlement agreements have been drafted, and then rejected by either the doctor or The Florida Board of Medicine, which must approve any settlement.

Some Members of the board are concerned Dr. Pipalia is still seeing female patients, even with a chaperone in the room.

“This clearly rises to the level that he should never see a female patient, period,” said Dr. James Orr, who is member of Florida’s Board of Medicine.

“Dr. Pipalia is not a construction worker, said Dr. Magdalena Averhoff at a Board of Medicine meeting earlier this month near Orlando. “I think that you cannot equate sexual misconduct of a physician with sexual misconduct in other professions that doesn’t involve the intimacy required in medicine.”

Then do something about it! Especially in light of this …

The doctor’s license is still listed as clear and active with no discipline on file.

That’s just wrong. What about folks who actually look a doctor up before choosing one? You’ll find the source here.

Squeezed on:


If France is on one end of the spectrum, Kuwait is at or near the other end when it comes to adultery. As reported by The Arab Times:

The Criminal Court sentenced a Kuwaiti man and a female compatriot to two years in jail with hard labor and immediate execution for committing adultery. It has been reported the husband of the woman told investigators his wife left the marital house and lived in a private apartment after having a quarrel with him. While he was monitoring her acts, he found out she spent the night in an apartment in a nearby building. He then suspected she was committing adultery and results of the investigation proved his suspicion true.

Two years! Hard labor!

Squeezed on:

Does it really matter how many tolls we’re talking about? [2,362!] Or how much money is involved? [$558,000]. Apparently it does, per a court in China, which is now reconsidering its life sentence. As reported by xinhuanet.com:

A court in central China’s Henan Province said Friday it would retry a farmer convicted of fraud and sentenced to life imprisonment for evading millions of yuan in expressway tolls.

The verdict may change because the defendant has indicated he had accomplices, said Liu Penghua, director of the political department of the Pingdingshan Municipal Intermediate People’s Court.

Shi Jianfeng was convicted of fraud Tuesday for evading 3.68 million yuan (558,000 U.S. dollars) of expressway tolls.

“Shi said during an inquiry Thursday night he was manipulated by a relative,” said Liu.

Hmm. “Manipulated?”

Shi used fabricated military drivers licenses and mounted fake military license plates on his two trucks, the Pingdingshan Municipal Intermediate People’s Court said.

The case drew attention and controversy on the Internet, with some saying the life-imprisonment sentence was too harsh and that expressway tolls are exorbitant. Tollgate records show Shi’s two trucks used to transport sand and gravel avoided tolls 2,362 times in the nine months between May 2008 and Jan. 2009. The average toll each time would have been 1,558 yuan (236 dollars).

$236? Does that come with a massage? Here’s the source.

Posted in: Best Of
Squeezed on:
Squeezed on:

police car

This was a joy ride for the ages.  As reported by The Orlando Sentinel:

Jose Quinones was bored and high.

So the 19-year-old Orlando man decided to spice up his mundane life Wednesday in a wild way: a joy ride in a 5-ton Humvee.

Quinones, deputies say, climbed a 7-foot fence topped with barbed wire surrounding the new Army Reserve Training Center in Sanford and jumped into several military transports.

After rummaging through a few of them, he found one with an anti-theft device on the steering wheel that was loose enough for him to turn the wheel a bit.

Soon, he was charging the tan military vehicle through the barbed-wire fence, driving past an unmanned security gate and motoring across Central Florida.


Drivers started calling 911 at about 7:50 p.m. after spotting the military vehicle with no headlights on, dragging a construction barrel and ignoring red lights.

“There were sparks flying out from underneath it, and when he went across the light at Howland … the barrel flew out from behind him,” a caller said. “And I was right behind him, and I had to swerve.”

The bizarre joy ride came to a quiet end minutes after Quinones simply stopped the Humvee on the side of a road.

Then he slowly drove away. But he finally stopped again when deputies pointed a pistol at him. He got out of the vehicle and was placed in handcuffs.

Quinones was arrested and taken to the Volusia County Branch Jail.

The charges?

His charges include grand theft, driving under the influence, driving an unregistered vehicle and marijuana possession.

You’ll find the source, a photo, and audio here.

Squeezed on:


Got the gun? Check. Ready to do this? Check. In the bank? Um. No. Per the Lexington Herald-Leader:

Police in Nicholasville say a man showed a gun and tried to rob a bank, but he wasn’t in one.

The Jessamine South Elkhorn Water District has offices in what was formerly a branch of Farmers Bank.

City police spokesman Scott Harvey told the Lexington Herald-Leader a man came into the building Tuesday, showed a pistol and demanded money.

When an employee told the man the office really didn’t have any money, the confused would-be robber replied, “I know you have money. It’s a bank.”

He was told it was no longer a bank and he left with nothing.

If they catch the dude, just imagine the ribbing he’ll get in jail …

Posted in: Best Of
Squeezed on:
Squeezed on:


We all have days that we just want to end, even The Juice. But we all, er, most of us, that is, power through those days. Not this gent. The damage? You won’t believe it. As reported by The Union Leader:

A former civilian painter who pleaded guilty Thursday to setting two fires aboard the USS Miami could serve about 20 years in prison and have to pay some of the $500 million in damages and injuries. [The victims in the case include the Navy as well as seven firefighters and sailors who were injured during the first fire, which took 12 hours to extinguish.]

Casey James Fury, 24, who worked at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard for two years, faces two counts of arson after he confessed to setting a four-alarm fire aboard the $900 million Los Angeles Class submarine May 23 and a smaller fire in the dry dock at the Kittery facility June 12.

Why? [Just pretend that you don’t already know.]

Investigators determined Fury, who worked as a painter and sandblaster, started the two fires because he was anxious and wanted to leave work.

Fury, who has been in custody at Cumberland County Jail since his arrest July 22, and his attorney, David Beneman, signed the agreement to plead guilty Tuesday with Thomas Delahanty, U.S. attorney for the District of Maine, and Assistant U.S. Attorneys Darcie McElwee and James Chapman.

Delahanty said Fury entered his plea in federal court Thursday.

So what’s the deal?

As part of the agreement, Fury could be imprisoned no less than 188 months – just over 15.6 years – and no more than 235 months – about 19.6 years, according to court records.

“The judge accepted it pending on a presentencing investigation,” Delahanty said, adding he anticipates the report to be finished in the next three months.

Here’s what Mr. Fury could have faced (or could be facing if the deal is ultimately rejected by the Judge):

Per federal statute, the first arson charge could keep Fury in prison for the rest of his life, and the second count has a maximum penalty of 25 years.

Here’s the source, including a photograph of Mr. Fury.

Squeezed on:

u s us marshal badge

Okay, so this gent is probably a good U.S. Marshal. Still, ain’t no way Raylan Givens would have done this. Yeah, yeah. The Juice knows it’s a television show. But hey, it’s a damn good one.

As reported by The Northwest Florida Daily News:

An off-duty U.S. Marshal left his loaded gun in a dressing room at the Silver Sands Outlet Mall on Sunday afternoon.

A customer at Kenneth Cole found the gun in the dressing room.

She alerted a store clerk who then called the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.

By the time deputies arrived, the law officer had realized he had left his gun behind and was walking back in to retrieve it, said Catherine Rodriguez, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff’s Office.

“He felt pretty awful about it,” she said.

Would have felt worse if the gun had walked off and, say, was used in a crime. As for why the Marshal may have let his guard down …

The officer is a U.S. Marshal out of Atlanta who is vacationing in the area, Rodriguez said.

You’ll find the source here.

Posted in: Oops
Squeezed on:
Squeezed on:

too good to be true scam

Yeah, this was a job alright – a con job. How do people not see through these schemes? This one is out of the 62nd Precinct (Bensonhurst—Bath Beach) as reported by brooklynpaper.com:

The [22-year-old] victim said she applied for a position listed on the website Craigslist from her home in between 15th and 16th avenues and got a call from the schemer that she had gotten the job. The con man sent her two checks for $6,291.87, and told her to deposit them in her personal account and write and deliver checks to three of his vendors, she said.

The victim complied, and signed three checks totalling $4,799.10 and personally gave them to the supposed employees — only to get a call at 2 pm on Feb. 8 from a bank stating that the checks she had received were fraudulent and she was out the four grand in dough, police reported.

Who pays their bills that way? Why would the “employer” not just pay the “vendors” directly, by mail or otherwise? Like he needs you to do that? Doh!


Posted in: Oops
Squeezed on:
Squeezed on:


Whether to prosecute or not is a judgment call. In this case, let it go! You will not believe what this woman is being prosecuted for. As reported by foxcarolina.com:

A Pickens woman has been arrested and charged after deputies said she failed to return a Jennifer Lopez movie she rented in 2005.

Kayla Michelle Finley, 27, has been charged with failure to return a rented video cassette, according to the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office.

According to warrants Finely rented Monster-In-Law from Dalton Video, which is no longer in business, in 2005 and the tape was not returned within 72 hours.

Finley was sent letters to return the video several times but never responded, according to the warrant. It also said a certified warrant was sent to the woman on Sept. 12, 2005.

Finley denied ever getting those warnings, and said she would fight the charges.

It’ll be the trial of the century! You’ll find the source, and a photo of Ms. Finley, here.